- This event has passed.
‘More than Words’ Workshop – Canberra – 14 September
14 September 2017 @ 7:00 pm - 8:30 pm| Free
Noah’s Ark Canberra is running the Hanen ‘More Than Words’ Program. The Hanen ’More Than Words’ Program was designed for parents and carers who have children 5 years and under with social communication difficulties or who are on the Autism Spectrum. It is a 10-week program, including weekly group sessions plus coaching within your home.
The group will provide opportunities to increase knowledge and provide strategies around the following aspects:
- Assisting your child to engage in interaction
- Improving social communication skills
- Following your child’s lead and including your child’s interests
- Improving play skills
- Using visuals to assist in communication
- Using books, toys and music to enhance communication
Each session is planned and hosted by a Hanen trained speech pathologist.
When & Where: A FREE Orientation Session will take place at Weston Creek Community Centre, 8 Parkinson St, Weston, ACT 2611 on Thursday 14th September at 7pm, to provide more information and answer your questions. The Hanen More Than Words Program is scheduled to take place in Term , more details to come.
- 14 September 2017
- 7:00 pm - 8:30 pm
- Weston Creek Community Centre
8 Parkinson Street
Weston, ACT 2611 Australia + Google Map